You know that it can be a struggle to use content marketing to create brand awareness.
Researching and creating a compelling piece that will get the attention of your target audience takes a lot of research and time. Fortunately, there is an easy way to satisfy the need for content your audience craves: third-party content.
Third-party content is a form of content creation that exists in working with a credible, external source, like the content creators at My Website Spot. Part of our search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is providing pieces of thought-leadership to grow your brand and engage your audience.
Quality content plays a pivotal role in attracting and engaging customers and clients.
However, creating high-quality content consistently requires time, effort, and expertise. This is where content writers come into play. Entrusting your website’s content to a skilled content writer can save you valuable resources while ensuring your audience receives valuable information.
We’ll delve into the essential aspects of reviewing your content writer’s blog articles, helping you maintain a seamless process that saves time, money, effort, and attention, while delivering exceptional value to your audience.
The Dynamic Duo: Your Content Writer and You
Working with a well-known, established partner will not only give you ready-made content, but will also help build trust in your brand’s expertise, expand your reach, and raise awareness in a noisy market.
Third-party partners will work with you to create content that is closely aligned with your marketing objectives.
Remember that you should keep in touch with your third-party representative during the creation of each piece.
Collaboration is your content’s lifeblood. Understand the power you hold as the visionary and your content writer as the craftsman. Effective communication and shared goals result in compelling content that seamlessly blends your insights with their expertise.
How Do I Review Website Content?
- Set Clear Expectations: Before your content writer starts crafting articles, define clear guidelines regarding the tone, style, and objectives of your content. This ensures that their work aligns with your brand’s identity and goals.
- Pre-publish Review: Review the content before it’s published. Provide feedback, suggest changes, and ensure the content meets your standards.
- Review for Accuracy: Check the content for factual accuracy, proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Mistakes can negatively impact your brand’s credibility.
- Assess Relevance: Ensure that the content addresses the needs and interests of your target audience. It should provide valuable information and insights that resonate with your readers.
- Consistency: Review the content’s consistency in terms of style, tone, and messaging. It should reflect a unified brand image across all articles.
Information Exchange: The Writer's Needs
With a little bit of savvy marketing, a great piece of third-party content will create awareness and credibility. But failing to establish some details before the launch of your campaign will quickly lead to a loss of ROI.
Make sure you are clear about your KPIs.
- What does success look like for this campaign? And for your company?
- Be clear about your digital strategy and develop a concise marketing plan.
- Track your success and refine constantly.
Timing: A Catalyst for Collaboration
Speed matters. The faster information is available for your customers, the more they will understand your business and how you can help them.
This involves respecting your content writer’s time, and setting a pace for efficient collaboration.
- Comment and Edit Turnaround: Swiftly address comments and provide edits. Sending answers to questions and inside information promotes progress to completing your articles.
- Direction Delivery: Provide direction timely to maintain momentum.
- Balanced Promptness: Balance speed with thoughtfulness, ensuring quality communication.
What 3 Elements Should I Look for in My Website Content?
- Value and Relevance: The content should provide substantial value to your readers. It should address their pain points, answer their questions, and offer solutions to their challenges. Ensure that the content remains relevant to your niche and industry.
- Engaging Structure: A well-structured article is easier to read and comprehend. Check for clear headings, subheadings, bullet points, and paragraphs. This structure enhances readability and keeps readers engaged.
- Call to Action (CTA): Every piece of content should have a clear and compelling CTA. Whether it’s encouraging readers to subscribe, explore your products, or engage in discussions. An effective CTA guides your audience to futher interact with your company.
What Information Does My Content Writer Need From Me?
Keep in mind that geting the best out of your new content piece requires you to do your homework before briefing your partner.
For your content writer to create articles that resonate with your audience and align with your brand, they require specific information from you. Provide the following details to facilitate the content creation process:
- Which topic and keywords resonate most with your audience?
- If you have specific keywords you’d like to target for search engine optimization (SEO), share them with your content writer. They can incorporate these keywords seamlessly into the content.
- Example: You own a pet grooming business and want to inform your audience about different shampoos, conditioners and brushes. Topic: Pet grooming. Keywords: Pet, Grooming, Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush, Near-me (City/state information)
- Which style of research will best serve you?
- The search intent of your audience needs to direct the style of content being written.
- Is your target audience looking for informational, navigational, commercial investigation, or transactional content?
- Example: Informational content for your pet grooming business focuses on Who (Business name), What (Pet Grooming), How (Shampoo, conditioning, brush, trim, and shave), Where (City/State/Service Areas), & Why (Seasonal grooming – winter/summer coat) Questions.
- Who is your target audience?
- Share insights about your target audience‘s demographics, interests, pain points, and preferences.
- This information guides the content writer in crafting articles that speak directly to your readers.
- What’s the most compelling visualization that should accompany the piece of content?
- Do you have specific images, videos, or infographics of your products, services, or company?
- Most audiences prefer images with a distinct connection to your business than stock images.
- Example: Provide images of your pet groomers trimming a client’s dog’s nails or images of the products you use while bathing this animal.
- What are your brand guidelines?
- Give your content writer your brand guidelines, including preferred tone, style, and messaging. This ensures consistency across all content pieces.
- What content ideas do you have?
- Provide topic ideas or keywords you’d like the content to revolve around. Your content writer can then develop these ideas into informative and engaging articles.
- You can pull content ideas from questions, reviews, and criticisms your customers and clients have of you and your category of business.
- Example: Clients of other pet groomers are frustrated that the only solution to their pet’s tangled coat is to shave it off. Provide information about how to decide when a pet’s coat is too tangled to be salvaged or steps that can be taken by pet owners to prepare a tangled coat for a groomer.
- What are the key objectives you want to provide your audience?
- Clearly communicate the goals of each article. Do you want to educate, entertain, inspire, or inform? Knowing the objective helps your content writer tailor the content accordingly.
Content Review Checklist
To streamline the content review process, consider using a checklist that covers the essential aspects of a thorough review. Here’s My Website Spot’s sample checklist you can use that covers the following areas of interest:
- Relevance and Value
- Readability and Engagement
- Brand Alignment
- Accuracy and Credibility
- Visual Elements
- SEO Optimization
- Call to Action (CTA)
Create narratives that resonate, engage, and leave a lasting impact
Don’t let the challenges of content creation deter you. With our content writing and SEO services, you’re not merely acquiring a service; you’re embracing a strategic partnership that transforms your ideas into captivating stories.
Seize the opportunity to leverage collaboration as a catalyst for growth.
By entrusting us with your content needs, you’re embarking on a journey that maximizes efficiency, drives engagement, and solidifies your brand’s authority. It’s time to elevate your online presence, captivate your audience, and optimize your content for search engines.
Contact My Website Spot today to unlock the full potential of collaborative content creation and take your digital narrative to new heights. Your audience awaits content that resonates – let’s create it together.